Those of you who joined us for the Freefrom Food Awards virtual presentation at the end of last month may remember that I mentioned that we were planning to launch networking seminars – a way to expand the networking facilitation job that we do every year at the awards annual presentation party.
But, that was before our lives were taken over by Zoom…..
So used have we all now become to conducting our lives on Zoom – and so successful was Cressida’s Zoom get together on the night of the virtual presentation –
that we have catapulted ourselves into instant action – and launched our Zoominars!
So, what is a Zoominar?
It is an interactive Zoom get together with
• 5 to 15 of participants
• A speaker – and a facilitator
• A curated Q&A session
• 25 minutes and more of curated and ‘free’ networking
And our first one is scheduled for next Thursday 21st May (10.30–11.30am) on How to maximise the benefits of winning a FreeFrom Food Award.
They will develop and change and we go along but this seemed a good subject to kick off with and it will go roughly as follows:
The workshop will run for 45-60 minutes and consist of 10-15 participants, plus us:
• 5-10 minutes from Cressida and Michelle on how to maximise your win
• Then participants will be randomised into 3 break out rooms with approx 5 participants in each and will get:
– 8 minutes during which to get to know each other and to generate one great question for the speakers
– At which point they will be taken out of that break out room and randomised to a different one to, again, get to know each other and generate at least one question for the speaker
– This will happen a third time so that by then everyone will have ‘met’ and had a chance to chat to everyone at the Zoominar.
• There will then be 10 minute ‘plenary’ session in which participants can put questions to the speaker/s and there will be a general discussion. (This will be run by us so that we can be sure that everyone who wants to speak has a chance to do so – via Zoom’s trendy little ‘put you hand’ up facility.)
• At a suitable point after this final 10 minutes plenary, we will ‘close’ the formal session but we will leave it open for participants to use our breakout rooms to have private meetings if they want to.
Cost: £55 + VAT
See you on the 21st!!!